Wednesday, April 4, 2012

APRIL 4th - Silliness

It is the beginning of my "independent travel break". That is what DIS calls it; spring break really. I, however, will not be traveling around Europe. I got my tuition bill from PSU and that pretty much took care of the 'travel Europe' itch. After being down in the dumps about it for a couple of days, I was reminded that I am already in Europe! So, I shut up. I am using this two week break to catch up on homework and explore the city on bike.
Here is said bike bathed in beautiful afternoon sunshine. Did I mention how much I love my bike? Man, is it shiny.

This bit of free time, along with the spring air, has me enthused about taking pictures for some photo essays, and starting new blogs. The list now includes: The lost shoes of Enghave Brygge (pictures of Enghave Brygge are below. I don't have the shoe shots yet.); the graffiti of Copenhagen; bad fashion from behind; crazy sock guys; the unsafeness of Europe; and of course, the vomit of Copenhagen (I will save that for a full photo essay that will be clearly labeled as such for the more sensitive viewer.)
This puddle of water would never fly in the states. Somebody would be sued. Not in Copenhagen though. Oh no, slip and slide all you want.
Let me just say, they were cute together; beyond that, the pant, sock, shoe combo. . . 'these are a few of my favorite things'. This falls into the bad fashion-from-behind category.
Black tights with shorts, in itself, is not a bad fashion statement in my opinion. The 'run all the way up the back of the leg', and then the "underwear" part of the hose hanging out from the bottom of the shorts - bad fashion-from-behind.

Mehnaz, Jane (not featured in photo), and I decided we would come back to this store just to try on all the horrible clothes we found. Then we could take bad fashion-from-the-front photos.












How nice. I am learning Danish from chalk art.



Fantastic mural near the Fisketrovet Mall.

This is the unsanctioned graffiti area (not that there is really a sanctioned graffiti space). It is a huge space, by the way. It sits on one of the last "undeveloped" harbor spaces, named Enghave Brygge. It is also the site for our final assignment. We are to create a master plan for this area. The quality of the graffiti is amazing.

This piece is the beginning of what takes me 20-some-odd shots to capture. I think it takes me a full minute to ride the length of this graffiti wall. I am stitching it together in Photoshop. I don't know how I will display the finished product, though.
Theme aside, it is still quality work.

I would to take this brief moment to complain about the user interface of blogspot. Very challenging. My big brother Mike needs to fix this for them;)


This translates directly to eating potato. Where to begin with how great that is? I could make a million jokes out of that.



SMACK you with deliciousness!

I am pretty sure these were not the keen observations the people that gave me scholarship money were looking for.








I was sitting on the train in the morning thinking "this guy is great! Who has the courage to wear pink socks to work? THIS GUY!" It got me thinking about how many other people are hiding their outrageous socks on this train?





Then I looked to the guy next to me and he had bright socks too! One guy is a fluke. Two guys is a trend.












I really do have things to do during my day besides taking pictures of people and then commenting publicly about them.


Tom is going to make these for me. At least that's what he will learn when he edits my blog;)
This is the chicken I chased down the street. I have video of this chicken-chasing incident. I am not ready to post it yet. I have to let go of my ego first. Turns out he lives right there, he just got out of the gate. I can't even imagine how funny it must have been to see me with all my bags, camera in front, chasing down a chicken.

This was the lovely sunset I was also taking pictures of on the chicken-chasing evening.

Good day dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment